Info from NZ Pure Tour
This year’s festival will run from 20 – 29 September 2019, when visitors will take tranquil walks along the Manor’s justly celebrated avenues and past its drystone walls, ponds, stream and waterfalls, wreathed in soft clouds of pink cherry blossoms. These will be the backdrop for an array of delightful experiences and entertainments. With international cuisine, traditional national costumes and cultural performances, the festival occupies a unique place in a significant, vibrant and growing tourism sector. It is fast becoming an important contributor to an established and growing portfolio of Waikato events and helps make the region an appealing destination to international and domestic visitors, generating economic benefits for the region and its communities.
Festival attendance grew from 2,000 in the first year to 6,000 in the second. Paul and Anne are expecting 12,000 this year. To cater for the anticipated increase and ensure that visitors enjoy the finest spring experience they have made extensive parking, transport and access arrangements and have put contingency plans in place to minimise the impact of the event on the local community.
“We were surprised at the festival’s surge in popularity in our second year and are determined not to get caught out again,” says Paul.
This year’s festival will feature several new attractions: high teas, enchanted bluebell woods and three new avenues of cherry trees underplanted with candelabra primulas, bluebells and wildflowers.
|Event:||Waikato International Cherry Tree Festival|
|Venue:||English Cherry Tree Manor, 125 Matangi Road, Tamahere, RD4|
|Dates||20 – 29th September 2019|
|Times:||9am – 5pm|
|Contact:||NZ Pure Tour|
|Phone:||07 854 9277|
- Weekday Ticket (Fridays) – Adult: $20.00
- Weekday Ticket (Fridays) – Child: $10.00
- Weekday Ticket (Fridays) – Family: $52.00
- Weekend Full-Day Ticket – Adult: $30.00
- Weekend Full-Day Ticket – Child: $15.00
- Weekend Full-Day Ticket – Family: $78.00
- Weekend Half-Day Ticket – Adult: $20.00
- Weekend Half-Day Ticket – Child: $10.00
- Weekend Half-Day Ticket – Family: $52.00
- Add High Tea Ticket – Adult: $39.00
- Add High Tea Ticket – Child: $15.00
- Add High Tea Ticket – Family: $95.00
- Buy Tickets – 07 8549277