Collection dates and information is as below
NB If your rubbish day is Thursday, your collection is from 28 May – 1 June (Please put your inorganic rubbish on the kerb outside your property on 27 May)
Do’s and don’ts
Fridges/freezer have not been included in the inorganic collection due to health and safety issues; these items require degassing and cannot be put into a compactor truck.
Please contact Huntly transfer station, Te Kauwhata transfer station or Waikato Environment Centre to dispose of e-waste or whiteware responsibly.
If you have placed a fridge/freezer on the verge for collection, we kindly ask that you take it back.
You need to make sure your pile of inorganic rubbish is less than two metres long, no more than one metre wide and one metre high.
Anything over this amount will be left behind – it is then your responsibility to remove the remainder.
It is also important to remember that inorganic rubbish should not be put out on the kerb until the day before your week of inorganic collection.
Unfortunately we cannot collect all of your unwanted items. Below is a list of items that are suitable and a list of those that are not.
Prohibited items will not be picked up and it will be your responsibility to dispose of items that are not picked up by contractors.
Please note, you risk being prosecuted for illegal dumping if items are left out on road frontages after the inorganic collection has been completed.
Yes we can collect
- Furniture, eg chairs, tables, cabinets
- Lawnmowers and bikes
- Metal items from household renovations, eg corrugated iron, pipes up to two metres long
- Appliances, eg. washing machines, stoves (excluding fridges and freezers).
Sorry we can’t take
- Any standard bagged rubbish
- Glass windows and windscreens
- Garden waste, tree trimmings and soil
- Commercial and farm waste
- Bricks and broken concrete
- Oil, paint and chemicals
- Fibrolite or asbestos
- Car bodies or car engines
- Builder’s waste
- Household renovation materials, eg timber
- Batteries and gas cylinders/gas bottles
- Wire of any description
- Fridges and freezers
Source WDC Website
The Waikato District Council site has further info here